31/12/2010

Night Flight to Venus

Unfuckinbelievable piece of Great Music!
I remember, there was a time - I was about 9 or 10 years old then -  when I could play this particular part of the tape -the 1st song- over and over again, many times a day, in the store where my mom worked, until some grown up, would rush to the stereo, remove the tape, and hide it for the rest of the day, before anyone losing his mind over the mesmerizing Boney M. drumming.
The drum was nice. No, it was Super. But what I most enjoyed was the robotic, synthesized voices, in the begining. I could close my eyes and just see pure space adventuring:  flights, lasers, austronauts, aliens, spacecrafts, helmets, countdonws, rockets launching, and explosions. Lots of explosions.

This specific video, is not a Boney M clip, but is worthy enough to match the music. I hope Bobby is now somewhere near these galaxies laughing and dancing among the stars.

Rest in peace Bobby Farrell.

No comments:

Post a Comment